We want visitors to understand how and why my campaign (http://www.cyrilyuforiusd.com) collects, uses and shares information about you when you use our website, forms, and widgets, or when you interact with us or receive communication from us.
What we collect
Forms and Content you submit
We may collect information when you fill out a form, such a Contact Form, Volunteer Form, Donation Form, or Endorsement Form.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you had visited the other website.
How we use information about you
We use information from you to:
- Support the campaign;
- Communicate with you about the campaign, volunteer activities, events, and other news and information we think may of interest to you;
- Comply with state and local campaign finance laws; and
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our website.
How information about you is shared
When you use this website, certain information may be shared with other users and the public. For example:
- When you submit content (e.g., comment, endorsement) to the website, any visitors to the website will be able to see the content and/or the endorsement;
- We offer social sharing that allows you or other visitors to share your content (e.g., comments, endorsements) on other social media platforms. These social sharing features enable you to share certain information with your social media followers or the public, depending on your third party social media settings. To understand the purpose and scope of data collection and processing of these social sharing platforms, please see the privacy policies of the third party providers (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit).
- If you make a donation to the campaign, we are required by state and local laws to submit certain information to state and local agencies. We may share information in response to any other legal request for information if we believe disclosure is required by any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- We use analytics partners to help analyze usage and traffic to our website.
How we protect your data
We take measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Within our campaign, only the candidate and the information technology specialist have access to your data.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. Additionally, we store information for as long as it is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected. We may also retain certain information as required by law.
Your choices to protect your data
Requests for a copy of the information our campaign has received from you (e.g., comments, endorsements) – including EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requests and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requests – can be submitted to [email protected]
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.