Why I Am Running
I am your neighbor, an involved dad, long-time Irvine resident, and deputy district attorney in Orange County. I was born in California and attended public schools. I graduated from UC Berkeley, then earned my JD from UC Hastings College of Law.
My daughters attend Irvine public schools. I have served on the Irvine Unified School District’s Finance Committee and the Irvine Green Ribbon Environmental Committee.
These challenging times have depleted the school district’s funds with the added challenge of reopening schools safely.
I understand the benefits of our excellent public-school system and recognize more hard work is needed to ensure continuing improvement. My parents and teachers made it possible for me to reach my potential. I want to ensure all Irvine children have the means to reach their potential.
I want to:
- Partner with local health authorities, teachers, classified staff, and district leaders to ensure all children and staff are safe.
- Bring more funding to Irvine schools.
- Preserve academic excellence.
- Enhance STEM programs, special education, athletics, integrated ethnic studies, and arts and music.
- Encourage parents, teachers, and classified employees to add their voices to the decision-making process.
I am proud to be endorsed by:
- Paul Bokota, Irvine Unified School District Trustee
- Lauren Brooks, Irvine Unified School District Trustee
- Sharon Wallin, Irvine Unified School District Trustee
- Ira Glasky, Irvine Unified School District Trustee
- Gavin Huntley-Fenner, Irvine Unified School District Trustee (Ret.)
- Irvine Teachers Association (ITA)
- California School Employees Association (CSEA)
- Farrah Kahn, Irvine City Council Member
- Melissa Fox, Irvine City Council Member
- Beth Krom, Irvine Mayor (Ret.)
- Sukhee Kang, Irvine Mayor (Ret.)